Start Your Self Build Journey
Self-building is a great opportunity to build a house that suits your lifestyle. With a chance to design your dream home, with added features for easy living.
This course will provide you with all the essential information. So that you can understand all the stages of self build to plan a successful build.
Join Self Build Director, Paul Newman as he shares his many years’ experience in the construction industry. With specialised knowledge helping self-builders complete their new homes.
Duration 50 minutes
- Benefits of Self Build
- Right to Build
- What is custom build, how Potton can help you find a plot
- Finding land, everything you need to know
- The plot, how much land do you need
- Financing your self build
- Stamp duty for self build
- VAT reclaim for self build
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) exemption for self build
- Our guide to build costs
- Design and lifestyle assessment
- Site planning and energy efficiency
- Bringing your ideas to life
Welcome to the Self Build Academy
Our Self Build Academy provides high-quality workshops, online learning resources and live experiences. Developed over the years by our team of experts, and designed to support you through the self build process. As one of the leading UK self build companies, we have helped thousands of people build their dream home. No matter what stage you are at you can access a wide range of topics. Focusing on subjects such as finding the perfect plot of land and building regulations to designing your home and how to self-manage your build.Learn about the Self Build Academy
Meet a Self Build Expert
Take the next step in your self build journey and book an appointment with one of our experts. Our team can jump on a call with you to discuss your self build project, or are on-hand at our Self Build Show Centre in St Neots if you would like to talk face-to-face.