Mark Stevenson, Tom Allen
5 hours, lunch included
A Guide to Project Management for Self Builders
The key to a successful self build is good management and planning. This masterclass will help guide you to successfully project manage your self build. It includes an introduction to project management and how to think like a project manager. Complete with the tools and resources to progress your self build.
An essential course to help mitigate issues, work to timings and manage budgets.
- Introduction to self build project management - The role of the project manager and how to organise your plan
- Managing self build construction information - Learn how to manage the complex information of construction. with valuable resources to help deliver your project
- Managing time on a self build project - How to stay on track, manage your budget and putting a programmed plan in to action
- Managing self build budget - Understand the costs involved in construction. Establishing a realistic budget and important advice to managing cash flow
- Managing a quality build to standards for self build - How to achieve a quality home. Implement plan checks and understand inspection points required for timber frame buildings
- Managing health & safety on self build sites - We explain building regulations for self builders and how to operate a safe site
About the presenter
Mark Stevenson, self-build expert
Mark has over 30 years’ experience in the construction industry. He has spent a number of years in senior leadership roles, working on a variety of projects from private housing to commercial buildings in the health and education sector.
Mark joined Potton in 2012 and has become a self build expert before leaving in 2023. He Chairs the National Custom & Self Build Association (NaCSBA) and is a board member of the Structural Timber Association (STA). Mark is committed to sharing his experience and knowledge to support self-building in the UK, and hosts many of our workshops and webinars at the Self Build Academy.
Dedicated to personal development Mark holds a post graduate Masters degree in Business Administration and a BSc (Hons) in Construction. He has over 30 vocational qualifications across a number of areas including site management and construction.
Mark is a key figure within the self build sector, with his vision helping to shape and simplify the process of self-building within the UK.
An interactive day designed for you to engage and interact with our self build experts. They will deliver valuable advice with opportunities to ask questions to help you through the build process. It’s also a great opportunity to network and build relationships with fellow self builders to share ideas and useful information.
Visit the Show Homes
There may be times during the day for you view the show homes. A final opportunity to think about the finishes and details you may want to include in your new home.