If you’re planning a self-build, underfloor heating (UFH) is the ideal solution for your Potton home as Nu-Heat explain.
Incredibly efficient, UFH will keep every part of every room snug and free your walls to give you complete interior design freedom.
An expertly-designed UFH system gives you the freedom to choose - where to put your furniture and how to set the temperature of each room to suit your lifestyle. When you choose a tailored UFH system, you can expect to enjoy:
• Free wall space to display your fixtures and fittings - no more working around radiators
• A consistent, even heat across your whole floor – no more cold feet
• Low running costs from your efficient heating solution – no more wasted energy
• The option to integrate renewable solutions like heat pumps and solar thermal – reducing your carbon footprint
• A bespoke, whole-house heating solution tailored to your property’s build type, floor construction, insulation levels and floor coverings – no more ‘one size fits all’
• Accurate, room-by-room temperature control – no more guesswork
First-time selfbuilders Adrian and Sara James have built an imposing new timber framed house designed for their retirement and have incorporated underfloor heating from Nu-Heat.
Choosing a heat pump can significantly lower your fuel bills as well as reduce your environmental impact.
Heat pumps use the free supply of natural energy from the air or ground to generate heating and hot water, typically transferring three times more energy into a property as heat than is used to extract it from the air or ground. A great eco-solution for any property, a heat pump is a particularly beneficial alternative to a boiler if your property does not have access to mains gas.
Heat pumps are at their most efficient when operating at lower temperatures, making this technology ideal for teaming with UFH, which operates at a much lower flow temperature than radiators.
A good supplier will design your UFH to give you complete control over your heating, with individual room-by-room temperature control and scheduling. They will also provide you with a comprehensive user guide, including step-by-step instructions on how to control your system. Some systems even give you the option to control the entire system from your smartphone or tablet.
Keen to use some eco products in the build, Nikki Scrivens decided to use a Nu-Heat air source heat pump and underfloor heating system.
Potton Head Office