Potton Self Build Show Centre, Mill Lane, Little Paxton,St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6EF
5 Nov 2022
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Starting your Self Build Construction
A complete overview of how to get your project moving after planning permission is granted. This workshop aims to address all pre-construction question and will enable those attending to move their project forward with confidence.
Who is this course for:
This self build course is for attendees that have received planning permission or are soon to secure planning approval.
- 9.30am – Welcome and arrival with refreshments
- 10.00am – Workshop
- Break for refreshments
- 1.00pm – Finish and lunch
Learn How To:
- Ensure your permission is protected and you can discharge the applicable conditions in a timely manner.
- Complete the purchase of your plot and commission outstanding site surveys and investigations.
- Make sure you understand the realities of managing your budget with sufficient funds in place to complete your build.
- Evolve the design from the prepared drawings used to secure planning permission to technical plans ready for construction.
- The benefits of a package approach and a look at the alternative. Which includes assembling your project team designer, engineer, SAP assessor and warranty provider.
- Create a realistic pre-start programme so that your build starts when you want it to.
- Make sure that pre-start construction drawings, health and safety information and utility provision are in place.
Included in the day
Q&A Session - During the day you will have the chance to ask questions and receive valuable advice. It’s also a good opportunity to build relationships and network with other self builders.
Visit the Show Homes - In the afternoon, you can take the time to view our show homes and experience the quality of an expertly crafted timber frame home. Great for inspiration and a chance to imagine your lifestyle with different floor layouts and plans.
Kingspan Timber Frame and SIPs Panels - During your visit, you can take a look at the construction of our build systems, understand the materials used and learn about their high energy performance.
Book an appointment with one of our Self Build Consultants or Planning Experts - If you’re looking to progress your self build you can book a private appointment during the afternoon to discuss your project. Click here to arrange your appointment.
Book Your Place
The Potton Self Build Show Centre in St Neots, Cambridgeshire, has 5 fully furnished show homes, and is home to the Self Build Academy. Speak with our on-site self build consultants to discuss your project, whether you're looking for a plot, need a design, or you're ready to build.
- Potton Self Build Show Centre, Mill Lane, Little Paxton St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6EF
- Saturday 5th November
- 10am - 1pm