The Structural Timber Association (STA)
Potton is a founder member of the STA, the body representing the vast majority of the UK structural timber industry including suppliers, manufacturers, erectors and designers. So why should you choose an STA member when building your own home?
- The STA logo is a tangible reassurance that members are delivering the highest standards of technical excellence and site safety
- Members are audited to ensure they are delivering industry best practice and are meeting our strict membership criteria
- STA members have expertise and skills, and utilise the latest in timber technology and engineering
- Your home will be manufactured in a factory environment to strict auditable quality standards, which means that you get a home that arrives on site “right first time” and erected in a matter of days
- STA members’ products must be sourced from well managed sustainable sources and they must adopt good environmental supply chain management principles – plus, as timber sourced from sustainably managed forests can be better than carbon neutral, you will be reducing the carbon footprint of your build
- As STA members have access to the latest in training and education, your home will be built to the latest design and construction principles
- STA members maximise the benefits of structural timber design to reduce raw material waste during manufacture and construction thereby delivering best value for your build
- The comfort factor an STA member brings is effectively a kite mark of quality and an assurance of craftsmanship
So when looking at building your next Structural Timber Self build look for the member with the STA logo as your first choice!