Introducing our Customer Contracts Managers
What is the role our Contracts Manager in your build?
As a Potton customer you have access to and support from you own nominated Potton Customer Contracts Manager.
Our Contracts Managers are your single point of contact once your timber frame order has been placed and you have confirmed the full extent of the package you are purchasing from us (i.e. Production Notes have been signed off).
Depending on the location of your build, one of our experienced Contract Managers will work with you to determine the appropriate sequence of construction and delivery dates for your package. (If you have purchased Project Management services directly from Potton then our Project Management team will contact you to discuss this.)
If you have purchased a Project Management service then they will provide advice on other areas of the build.
Your dedicated Contracts Manager is responsible for ‘delivering’ the items purchased from Potton and the will explain this in detail to you the first time you meet.
During what we call a 'pre-start' meeting, your CM will cover the following:
- Check the access to your site and discuss the Health & Safety arrangements that you and/or your Project Manager have made for the build
- Review the details of the package you have purchased, including:
- Timber frame structure
- External joinery (doors and windows)
- Internal joinery (stairs, skirtings, architrave, cills etc.)
- Deal with any variations to your original order and will arrange payment for any extra items that you require
- Agree key dates and the most appropriate construction sequence
- Agree your key milestones
- Confirm details of potential site visits
Above: Your Contract Managers will check the timber frame on site.
Timber frame check
As part of the package, your dedicated Contract Manager will visit your site at intervals to check Potton's work and ensure that you remain satisfied.
The key stages for visits will be:
- Checking site access & pre-commencement meeting
- At completion of sub-structure (1 week before delivery of the timber frame structure)
- During the erection of the timber frame – your Contracts Manager typically visits site at least once
- At completion of the timber frame to inspect and sign off our work
- Completion visit / 2nd fix visit
The Contracts Manager will keep you informed of when they will be visiting and will let you know the outcome of any visits made.
During a site visit progress is checked to ensure the project is moving forward, they will also aim to resolve any issues that you may have. The quality of the timber frame and workmanship is also checked to ensure it meets the standards Potton except. Your Contracts Manager will ensure that our erectors are working safely and that the site continues to provide a safe working environment.
The Contracts Manager for your project will be the point of contact for any issues or concerns you may have in the first instance. If you are unhappy with the service that your CM is providing then you can contact the office on 01767 676400.
Contracts Manager or Project Manager - How they differ
There is often some confusion about the differences between our Contracts Manager and a Project Manager. Potton offer a separate Project Management service as the two roles are quite different. A project manager heads up your build either to water-tight stage or to completion, whereas a Contracts Manager is provided by Potton to ensure your timber frame arrives on time and is completed to the correct requirements. Following a satisfactory frame install on site the Contracts Managers role is then complete.
A Project Manager takes on a lot more of the responsibility of your overall projects, liaising with trades and sub contractors, arranging deliveries and spends a lot more time on site throughout the duration of the build.
Why not read our blog 'Why use a Project Manager' - click here
Get in touch
Potton are the UK's leading self build company and offer a complete design and planning package to take the strain out of the somewhat complex process associated with planning application and approval. If you'd like more information on our Design and Planning Service please click here alternatively contact email@example.com or 01767 676400 and we would be happy to help.